Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 03:00:04 +0200

>> Thanks, but are there really state buttons that are not next to options? Is
>> not both yours and mine sentence wrong then? Or can you give an example,
>> please?
>
> At the top of every customize group page there is a global state button
> that can be used to set or save all the options that have been changed
> in the page, e.g.
>
> /- Emacs group: ---------------------------------------------------------\
>       State: visible group members are all at standard settings.
>    Customization of the One True Editor.
>    See also Manual.
>
> No big deal, though I don't think its necessary to say 'next to' as the
> association between the State button and the option is obvious enough.

I think more obvious buttons for beginners to press are global state
buttons at the top of every customize group page, not the State button
(which is not quite a button, but rather a popup menu).  What I mean
are the following buttons:

Operate on everything in this buffer:
 [Set for Current Session] [Save for Future Sessions]
 [Reset] [Reset to Saved Erase Customization]   [Finish]

A sentence that mentions these global state buttons would be better, IMO.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/