Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 09:47:11 +0100

Luc Teirlinck wrote:

From my previous message:
One should under no circumstances encourage anybody, certainly not
  beginners, to use these buttons.  They are completely untested: nobody
  uses them.  Their code is fragile.  Any apparently unrelated change in
  Custom can easily badly break them badly without warning (and nobody
  will notice, because nobody uses them).

Let me give one example of what I mean with:
Thanks for your explanations. May I then suggest that we start using these buttons and Custom in general? I have already done so for quite a while. Without using Custom I felt it was difficult to have any opinion on it. (Of course using it makes it a bit difficult to have opinions on the look and feel instead, because you get used to it but that is another story.)

I always use the top buttons for changing things. Though I seldom use customize-group to change anything. I use it however to get an overview over options (though the current layout is not very good for that).