Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: fancy-splash-screen customize group...
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:38:37 -0600 (CST)

It might be good to point out a possible source of misunderstanding.

You use Custom mainly to customize individual options.  So, if you
talk about Custom buffers without specifying which ones, you are
probably thinking about single option buffers.

I mainly use Custom to see how I can customize one particular part of
Emacs, using customize-group.  (Or to browse through the groups and
options with customize-browse.)  So if I talk about Custom buffers,
without specifying which ones, I am mainly thinking about group buffers.

Obviously, things should work well in _all_ kinds of Custom buffers.

Sincerely,

Luc.