MH-E manual update

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: MH-E manual update
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:27:11 -0800

Bill Wohler <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'll update the MH-E manual accordingly.

The existing manual in Emacs is for an *ancient* version 5 of MH-E. For
the past two years (!) I've been rewriting the manual which started as
three chapters in the O'Reilly MH book to be more like other Emacs
manuals. I've also been adding new chapters for all of the new features
that we've added in the past five years.

It's sort of a race to see if I can finish the job and release MH-E 8.0
with it before Emacs 22 is released. The good (?) news is that I got
laid off a while back and am committed to work on the manual full time
and finish it before looking for another job.

I certainly do not want to hold up the release for the inclusion of this
manual, but it would be nice to get a heads-up when someone gets close
to cutting tarballs. While the manual is still missing a few chapters,
it is close enough to being in a state where releasing the manual as is
would still benefit the community.

Thanks.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD