Re: newsticker-start: Recursive laod error

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: newsticker-start: Recursive laod error
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:28:45 +0100

Xavier Maillard wrote:

I can not for some reason apply the patch. I saved it to a file named newsticker.el.patch and then I do

      /cygdrive/d/ecvs/bld/emacs/lisp/net >   patch < newsticker.el.patch

I did

Patch -p0 < newsticker.el.diff here and it worked this way.

Hope that helps.

Xavier

Thanks for telling me. It turned out that the reason that it did not work was a problem with line endings. For some reason patch does not understand different line endings types in patch file and the patched files correctly. (This is very annoying IMHO and wastes a lot of time.)