Re: bad mailer Subject meddling (was: links in Help buffer aren't always

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bad mailer Subject meddling (was: links in Help buffer aren't always correct)
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:55:06 +0200

> From: "Alfred M\. Szmidt" <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:47:45 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> What would be nice is if C-c C-n (and C-c C-p) would move
> thread-wise based on Message-ID, and then based on the subject.

I think this would require a total rewrite of the current code;
patches welcome (although they probably won't be released with v22.1 ;-)

I committed small changes to C-c C-n just a few days ago to fix some
problems with following tricky subjects, like those which had "Re:"
not at the beginning, and those that are broken into multiple lines in
arbitrary places.