Re: bootstrap problem with union Lisp_Object

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: bootstrap problem with union Lisp_Object
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 20:04:38 -0500

    We more or less have had a feature freeze since May 2004, and have
    been "fixing more bugs" ever since in preparation for the pretest.

In May 2004 we had a lot of tasks to do before we could make a
release, including finishing updating the manual.  Everyone wanted a
release, but few people helped update the manual.  We also had various
other serious problems to be solved, some of which you have helped
solve.  We are much closer now.  We are even making progress on those
horrible memory clobbering bugs--but this occurred because I've
pressured for it.