Re: GTK file selector

From: Aidan Kehoe
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:07:31 +0100

 Ar an t-ochtú lá déag de mí na Nollaig, scríobh David Kastrup:

 > [...] If things don't get ported to XEmacs until there is a compatibility
 > API, this can simply be because the native API is incomprehensible, if it
 > works at all.

Sure, but the GNU APIs, with their documentation and clarity, didn’t get
that way _ex nihilo._ I’m sure someone besides the original developer tried
to use them, failed, found out why, and fixed the problem.

 > Point the fingers all you want, but you are deluding yourself if you
 > imagine that the waning popularity of XEmacs among developers is just
 > a matter of religious beliefs.

I never imagined any such thing. The waning popularity of XEmacs among
developers is a result of the waning popularity of XEmacs among users, whose
roots are that Ben Wing hasn’t been coding like a dervish for most of a
decade, and that Stephen’s high quality standards for letting code in means
people who learn about the codebase from scratching an itch, are discouraged
when the code to do that isn’t integrated.

Anyway, back to doing something useful.

--
I AM IN JAIL AND ALLOWED SEND ONLY ONE CABLE SINCE WAS ARRESTED WHILE
MEASURING FIFTEEN FOOT WALL OUTSIDE PALACE AND HAVE JUST FINISHED COUNTING