Re: gdb-ui sells Emacs

From: Frank Schmitt
Subject: Re: gdb-ui sells Emacs
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:32:48 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
>> There has been little feedback has been over the last year or so,
>> and I've not been sure if thats because people like it as it is, or
>> because they don't like it and therefore don't use it.
> More likely because they are taking it for granted.  It is an "oh,
> Emacs does this now" thing.  Nothing to write home about unless it
> does not work.

Or they are like me C++ programmer who reverted to writing stuff in
logfiles and on stdout as gdb is barely unusable to them.

Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough
space to spread a tremendous amount of information with your messages. So seize
this opportunity and don't waste your signature with bullshit nobody will read.