Re: user preferences (was RE: toolbar conventions)

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: user preferences (was RE: toolbar conventions)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:52:18 -0500

    a. `set-variable' (better called `set-option', IMO) could be used as a
       quick replacement for `customize-option' to change the value (but
       not to save, browse, or do other things that you can do in
       Customize). To understand what I mean, don't think in terms of
       non-customizable user variables here; think in terms of
       customizable options. The point is that a command could be used to
       customize something, without the user ever entering the Customize
       UI.

    b. (just an illustration; not intended as a proposal for inclusion)
       Command `doremi-face-fg' (in my library doremi-frm.el) lets you
       modify a face's foreground color incrementally (using the arrow
       keys).

I think these are good ideas, for after the release.