Re: Sendmail/Mac: initialize correctly [patch]

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Sendmail/Mac: initialize correctly [patch]
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:24:04 -0600 (CST)

David Reitter wrote:

   The below patch fixes that; I'm not aware of a more elegant solution
   (I asked in an earlier thread on Nov 24).

Was using custom-reevaluate-setting discussed in that thread?  Does
it work in your situation?  I believe it should work, because the
defcustom has no :set function.  I do not immediately know what we
will have to do in similar situations when there is a :set function,
short of pre-loading the file, which might not be desirable.

:custom-initialize-reset was supposed to take care of problems with
autoloaded defcustoms, but apparently, it does not.

Concretely:

===File ~/startup-diff======================================
*** startup.el  12 Dec 2005 20:44:32 -0600      1.391
--- startup.el  26 Dec 2005 12:19:17 -0600
*** 776,781 ****
--- 776,782 ----
    (custom-reevaluate-setting 'mouse-wheel-down-event)
    (custom-reevaluate-setting 'mouse-wheel-up-event)
    (custom-reevaluate-setting 'file-name-shadow-mode)
+   (custom-reevaluate-setting 'send-mail-function)

    ;; Register default TTY colors for the case the terminal hasn't a
    ;; terminal init file.