Re: GTK file selector

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:50:22 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:

And yes, the text is pretty long. Suince the old Gtk dialog is on the way

out, I'd rather not advertise it, and instead try and make the new dialog
more usable.  I think the only important info from this text is the
C-l thingy.  Could we even do away with it by making the text
input area appear unconditionally?

As the text input area is a separate dialog that would be confusing. And irritating if you don't want the text inout area.

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

It looks better than I expected.  I recommend changing the message to this:

Type C-l to display a file name text entry box.

If you don't like this file selector, customize
use-file-dialog to turn it off, or type C-x C-f to visit files.

I've changed it to the above.

   Jan D.

JPEG image