Re: Reset buttons in Customize

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Reset buttons in Customize
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:50:44 -0600 (CST)

Chong Yidong wrote:

   > I believe that the changes you suggest are a bad idea.  It is
   > _certainly_ a very bad idea to suggest these radical changes to
   > Custom supposedly "shortly" before a release.

   These do not entail very large changes to Custom internals.

This once more shows how very disruptive apparently small changes can be.
Your proposed changes would disrupt Custom's design by using evaluated
values where unevaluated Lisp expressions should be used.  This would
have caused a variety of bugs.

As I already explained, most of what you want is _already_ in Custom,
but without the bugs.

Sincerely,

Luc.