Re: Problems with whole buffer Custom functions.

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Problems with whole buffer Custom functions.
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:47:53 -0500

     RMS> I don't think this is necessary, because there is already an undo
          mechanism (the "backup value").

    RMS: Does that provide a single backup value or an undo history of all edits
    of the value (field)?

It is just one value.  I think that is enough for now, but we could
extend it into a sequence.

I do not want to use editing commands to access past values.
It is better to use the State menu, since that won't get in the way.

In any case, now is not the time to add such a feature.