(emacs)Antinews

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: (emacs)Antinews
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:09:09 -0600 (CST)

What is the meaning of the following paragraph in `(emacs)Antinews'?
In as far as I know, Emacs does still not (by default) respond to the
described clicks in an xterm.  Was this paragraph added in the short
period that xterm-mouse-mode was enabled by default?  I propose to
remove the paragraph.

   * On an xterm, Emacs provides a more convincing simulation of a
     text terminal by not responding to mouse-clicks on the mode-line,
     header-line, or display margin.

Sincerely,

Luc.