Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 15:34:53 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Having one "primary window" where the cursor is and another slave
> window that gets popped up is manageable enough, and the most common
> model in emacs; is there a command to invoke tumme that just give
> you the "thumbnails" window, without requiring the "window
> configuration" and "dired" steps?

My last post had an error. This should work better:

(defun tumme-display-thumbs-and-buffer (&optional arg)
  "Call `tumme-display-thumbs' and display thumbnail buffer.
See command `tumme-display-thumbs' for details about the
arguments.
"
  (interactive "P")
  (tumme-display-thumbs arg)
  (display-buffer tumme-thumbnail-buffer))

Similarily, this new command used from the thumbnail buffer will
split the window and show the image display buffer:

(defun tumme-display-thumbnail-original-image-and-buffer (&optional arg)
  "Call `tumme-display-thumbnail-original-image' and display display buffer.
See command `tumme-display-thumbnail-original-image' for
details."
  (interactive "P")
  (tumme-display-thumbnail-original-image arg)
  (display-buffer tumme-display-image-buffer))

Try binding RET to it instead of the usual
`tumme-display-thumbnail-original-image'. Optional prefix argument
turns off image sizing.

Again, the call to `display-buffer' could be baked into the original
functions but we would need an option to control the behaviour then,
IMHO.