Re: "Misunderstanding of the lambda calculus"

From: Jonathan Yavner
Subject: Re: "Misunderstanding of the lambda calculus"
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:01:39 -0500

> I think to anyone reasonably fluent in english, it's pretty clear that
> "archaic" was used quite deliberately in this case to mean "it
> sux0rz!1!" while avoiding explicitly confrontational language.

Response was to change "archaic" to "older", which was still wrong but
further discussions of the precise meaning of "archaic" are now
obsolete.  The current problem (which has been solved but it's not
clear yet whether the solution will stick) lies with the word
"misunderstanding" and the mind-set it implies that "Scheme is what
Lisp always should have been" (and more generally with the mind-set
that it is acceptable to rewrite history so it points to your desired
outcome).  Anyway, this isn't helping to get v22.1 out the door.