Re: Risky local variable mechanism

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Risky local variable mechanism
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 12:34:39 -0500

           Why not make anything risky, except those explicit settings which
           are recorded in safe-local-eval-forms (and add something similar
           for variables), and then make it easier to update those lists
           when user is queried to approve local variables/forms

       That could be a good approach.

       Would someone like to implement this?

    Note that we _already_ have a similar mechanism, which is more
    flexible than the proposed one,

This seems to be a misunderstanding.  You're talking about underlying
mechanisms; we're talking about user interfaces.