Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 11:17:48 +0200

>>> Okay okay, sorry for not being precise enough, it does not work as it
>>> is *now*, for me. I'd be happy to add some more advanced way of
>>> handling this, later.
>>
>> But then it does not work for you even now, i.e. after invoking
>> `tumme-display-thumbs' you should wait the same amount of time.
>
> Yes, but I never try to display the thumbnails of all 3000+ image
> files.

Just as now you can mark files in dired to display thumbnails in
a separate window, you can mark files in dired to display their
thumbnails in the same dired buffer with a simple piece of code:

(dired-map-over-marks
 (put-image (create-image (my-make-thumbnail (dired-get-filename t)))
            (dired-move-to-filename)) nil)

where `my-make-thumbnail' is a function I posted earlier for creating
thumbnails according to the Thumbnail Managing Standard.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/