Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link and mime messages

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link and mime messages
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 14:05:02 -0500

    >   * mouse.el (mouse-drag-region-1): When remapping mouse-1 to
    >   mouse-2, go back to previously selected window, so it's selected
    >   when mouse-2 command runs.

    Looks like this affects all `link' widgets.  For instance, clicking on
    the links in the Customize buffer does not work if another window is
    selected.

The change I made is correct in principle.  When the mouse-2 command
finally gets run, the selected window should not have been altered by
the translation mechanism.  The event says which window was clicked
on.  The selected window should be the one that was selected by the
user.

It sounds like the command that handles mouse-2 on a link needs fixing.