Re: tumme directory

From: Mattis
Subject: Re: tumme directory
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:26:09 +0100

>     > It should follow the usual convention of using .emacs.d
>     > if it exists, etc., the same way other uses of .emacs.d do.
>
>     Does that mean that we should accept Chong's fix? I know too little
>     about how .emacs.d is used.
>
> We should install a change to use .emacs.d
> in accord with the standard conventions for using it.

I have tried to understand what this convention is, and I don't like
to guess so I'd like to ask a simple yes/no question:

Should tumme's default thumbnail directory be ~/.tumme if there is no
~/.emacs.d and ~/.emacs.d/tumme, if it does? If yes, how do we let the
user configure this? Today, the configuration is as simple as this:

(defcustom tumme-dir "~/.tumme/"
  "*Directory where thumbnail images for are stored."
  :type 'string
  :group 'tumme)

How would it be changed?