Re: faq.texi

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: faq.texi
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:01:36 -0500

    The consistency I meant is for C-y and M-y to have the same non-isearch
    meaning in isearch mode: for C-y to yank last killed text into the search
    string, and for M-y to yank earlier kills into the search string.

I'd rather turn off the special meaning of C-y in a search.
Too many characters have been given special meanings in isearch,
and that means you can't use them normally when you're in a search.