RE: key to yank text at point into minibuffer?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: key to yank text at point into minibuffer?
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:24:37 -0800

    > Example: You're in a SQL script on a line like
    > "@some-long-file-name.sql". You use `C-x 4 f M-.' to pull
    > that text into the minibuffer, to visit that file. This
    > saves you selecting the text and pasting it into the
    > minibuffer; that's all.

    This was what I was curious about. I'm always interested in how other
    Emacs users use Emacs to get things done in an effective way.

Ouchin' yowza! Please don't look to me for effective ways to do anything.
Ineffective ways to do something (or effective ways to do nothing) I might
be able to help you with.