Re: Tumme menu in Dired, what to do about it?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Tumme menu in Dired, what to do about it?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:59:43 +0200

> So, what can be done with this? I don't think anyone would like that
> fat Tumme menu each time they enter dired. Would a sub menu to Dired
> work? Too much or OK? If OK, should it be on always (probably)?
>
> Any opinions on this subject?

Currently there are too many redundant keybindings in tumme.  They all do
almost the same thing with small nuances.

A large number of very similar keybindings is confusing.  It would be good
to have one keybinding that does the most expected thing and changes its
behavior depending on context and on a prefix key.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/