Re: gnus doesn't encode non-ascii attachment filenames

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: gnus doesn't encode non-ascii attachment filenames
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:36:40 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> For Emacs 23, we can have a better/simpler fix.  But, could someone
> tell me the maintenance policy of Gnus codes?  Should we modify codes
> in cvs HEAD so that it works also with emacs-unicode-2 (perhaps with
> version check here and there)?  Or, should we directly modify codes in
> cvs emacs-unicode-2?

It seems to me better keep the code in both branches the same, if
possible.

Changes to Emacs 22 will be propagated to Gnus 5.10 and the Gnus
development branch (No Gnus); as people may wish to use the Gnus
development branch with Emacs 23, it would be a good thing to avoid
changes which are only in the Emacs 23 sources.

-Miles
--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page