Re: address@hidden: C++-mode: Syntax highlighting: wrong color for funct

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: address@hidden: C++-mode: Syntax highlighting: wrong color for function identifier depending on the kind of whitespace that follows]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:40:55 +0100

> That's how I understand it.  The region to be fontified will get
> extended backwards to the starting tag regardless of this point being
> visible in the window or not.  If it will be fontified right away or
> marked to be fontified by jit-lock depends upon either
> `jit-lock-after-change' or `font-lock-after-change-function' being
> present in `after-change-functions'.

Presumably the "region to be fontified gets extended" by resetting its
fontified text-property to nil.  `jit-lock-after-change' should be able
to do this if you provide the correct start and end values.  But keep in
mind that with jit-lock redisplay immediately triggers refontification
of displayed text whose fontified text-property has been reset to nil.
This refontification won't recognize any "starting tag" preceding
window-start unless you explicitly tell it to go there, for example, by
using a multiline property.  If you decide on the `font-lock-multiline'
property, every time you insert or delete a character nearby, redisplay
has to refontify the entire contiguous area covered by the property.