TUTORIAL.cn File Bug

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: TUTORIAL.cn File Bug
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:54:10 +0800

[I'd sent this mail to address@hidden, but didn't
get response.  I'm not sure whether I'm inside that list.  ]

Hello,

Yesterday I checked out the Emacs Unicode 2 source.
After bootstrapping, I found nothing follows the line
"Important Help menu items: " in fancy splash screen.

I've checked the source code and found why.  Sun Yijiang
has edited the file etc/TUTORIAL.cn, but deleted the dot
"." after "Emacs 快速指南" incorrectly. This causes the
lambda function in variable 'fancy-splash-text' complains
about the failure of searching for a dot:

[in 'fancy-splash-text']
          (lambda ()
            (let* ((en "TUTORIAL")
                   (tut (or (get-language-info current-language-environment
                                               'tutorial)
                            en))
                   (title (with-temp-buffer
                            (insert-file-contents
                             (expand-file-name tut data-directory)
                             nil 0 256)
                            (search-forward ".")
                            (buffer-substring (point-min) (1- (point))))))

After adding a dot, the splash screen is displayed correctly.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu