Re: is the calendar broken?

From: Ed Reingold
Subject: Re: is the calendar broken?
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:25:40 -0600

> Yes, I've seen that, and also read the doc string of
> `calendar-holidays'.  However, it says nothing about what list to use
> as the argument to `list-holidays' to get what the OP wanted.  It only
> explains how to _add_ holidays to the default value, but not how to
> construct a list with _less_ holidays.
>
> My question above was what should one use as the value of L to get
> what Nick wanted.

Since, he set to nil christian-holidays, hebrew-holidays, islamic-holidays,
solar-holidays, bahai-holidays, and oriental-holidays, he must have wanted only
general-holidays, local-holidays, and other-holidays.  For non-interactive use,
he'd simply write

    (list-holidays 2006 2006 (append general-holidays local-holidays
other-holidays))

For interactive use it's a bit more complicated because he needs to define the
list he wants:

     (defvar my-holiday-list
            (append general-holidays local-holidays other-holidays)
            "*My holiday list")

Then when asked for the list of holidays, he'd type "ask" and when prompted,
"my-holiday-list".