Re: defcustom :version

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: defcustom :version
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:46:40 -0500

    The big problem I have with them is that it seems we have to use the
    Emacs version. That makes them pretty useless for the MH-E package which
    has turned three *major* releases and a score of minor releases since
    Emacs 21 came out. In the past few years, I would have used 21.4, 21.5,
    22.0, and 22.1 as the "next" version kept creeping up. How would I have
    documented the variables?

It is a minor issue.  Just put in version 22.1.