RE: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:19:39 -0800

    > How about having some indication (somewhere) of the
    > minibuffer-recursion depth?

    I think it is good idea.

    > Perhaps use {...} in the mode line for this (like [...])? (Both
    > recursions are possible at the same time, though that is not common.)

    How do you think put [] on the prompt in minibuffer like:
    [M-x]
    [[M-x]]
    [[[Find file: ]]] ~/

We can discuss the design after the release, if people think the idea is
useful.

However, personally I would prefer not to burden the prompt (which can
already be quite complex) and instead put the indicator in the mode line
somehow.