Re: Feature request: multibyte user-full-name

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Feature request: multibyte user-full-name
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:47:36 +0900

AIDA Shinra <address@hidden> writes:

> Now I support Handa's proposal. It will work in most real sites.

Sorry, but I've just noticed that utf-8 decoding doesn't
work in init_editfns () (which sets Vuser_full_name)
because, at this time, emacs/lisp/international is not yet
in Vload_path and thus loading of subst-ksc, etc fails if
the name contains CJK chars.  :-(

It may be possible to delay setting of user-full-name until
Vload_path is setup, but I'm not sure it's worth making that
kind of nontrivial change at this stage.

On the other hand, the same strategy can be implemented in
emacs-unicode-2 without such a problem.  So, I'm going to do
that in that branch.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden