Completion in GUD buffer

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Completion in GUD buffer
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:01:29 +1200

A long time back completion in the GUD buffer changed.  Previously if you
did something like:

(gdb) b <TAB>

to complete on all possible locations, when there were too many to fit in
the completion window, you could click on it to explore down and *up*.
(I think you can only go down from outside it).

Now if you click on the completion window you either get an error message:

  Wrong type argument: window-live-p, #<window 7>

or the window simply disappears.

I've traced this change to:

  revision 1.294
  date: 2004-04-14 18:57:45 +0000;  author: monnier;  state: Exp;  lines: +185
-195
  Doc fixes.
  (comint-last-input-start, comint-last-input-end)
  (comint-last-output-start): Give them values.
  (comint-arguments): Avoid warning.
  (comint-skip-prompt): Use line-end-position.
  (comint-backward-matching-input): Rename arg to agree with doc.
  (comint-extract-string): Use syntax-ppss.
  (comint-dynamic-simple-complete): Delete useless list construction.
  (comint-redirect-subvert-readonly): New.
  (comint-redirect-preoutput-filter): Use it.

but there are 91 difference between this file and the previous one.

Before I wade through them, I'd like to ask if people agree that this change
in behaviour should be reverted?