Re: Completion in GUD buffer

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Completion in GUD buffer
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:40:33 +1200

 > > That part is a bug.  What I mean is do we want the user to able to select
 > > the completions window like before, or do we only want to allow him to
 > > select an item in the window with mouse-2?
 >
 > I don't see from the ChangeLog how the mentioned patch would have such
 > a consequence on the behavior of completion, so I suspect that once we've
 > fixed the bug, the question will disappear.

At first glance comint-dynamic-simple-complete is a candidate (just because
its got the word complete in it).  If I evaluate comint.el.~1.294~ and
comint-update-fence from current comint.el and run current M-x gdb I see
current behaviour. If I evaluate comint.el.~1.293~ and comint-update-fence
from current comint.el and run current M-x gdb I see the old behaviour.
I think I'm looking at the right ChangeLog entry.  I'll explore further.