Re: Icon update

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Icon update
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:05:52 +0200

Leon wrote:
Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

However one of the icon (diropen.xpm) should use the gnome file
manager's icon which is named file-manager.png in the sense that dired
is the file manger in emacs.  Otherwise emacs tool-bar looks really
odd.  Have a look at this.
I'm not trained in the use of toolbars, so could you explain what's odd
about it?

        Stefan
Hi Stefan,

The diropen icon won't change at all for any gnome-icon-theme since
there is no counterpart. This gives the tool-bar an inconsistent
look.

For example, some themes use bigger icons. But since the stock item gtk-directory isn't available, the standard icon distributed with emacs is used, so it looks odd. Also, if some theme has some visual property (like high contrast), the diropen icon will not follow this theme.

I've attached some screenshots of these situations.  I think before we
release this we need to find stock items for everything. In Info mode there are also icons that don't have any stock definition, so arrows may look differently.

        Jan D.

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image