Re: Problem with viper-replace-char and Swedish characters on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Problem with viper-replace-char and Swedish characters on w32
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 00:36:14 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
But that actually seems to work with your suggestion above.

The problem is when the user doesn't want to insert é but C-x (aka ASCII
code 24).

        Stefan
Ah, I misunderstood you. But I think that is not any big problem for the "r" command in viper since it is mostly meant to be used for visible characters. So maybe a good enough solution is the one you proposed:

   (insert (aref (read-key-sequence nil) 0))

Michael, what do you think?