Re: emacs-Xtra

From: Nic
Subject: Re: emacs-Xtra
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:21:01 +0100

")

>     How about just publishing an extra manual with the information in it
>     needed for programmers?
>
>     I'm sure we could find a whole lot more to put in that - and maybe
>     trim down the Emacs manual.
>
> I would like to see specific suggestions for how to do this.  With
> specific suggestions, I could criticize them, try to improve them, or
> maybe use them.

Whoops. I'm not sure I'd thought about this that much.

But I do think that an emacs manual for developers would be a good
idea. Emacs the IDE.

Much more detail on the various programming modes and tools could be
provided in such a manual.

If I have time over the next 2 weeks I'll try and come up with a
sketch of a table of contents for you to consider.

Nic