Re: Max-specpdl-size Bug in Emacs Lisp Interpreter?

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Re: Max-specpdl-size Bug in Emacs Lisp Interpreter?
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:51:57 +0800

From: Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 00:44:19 -0500 (CDT)

Miles Bader wrote:

   "Herbert Euler" <address@hidden> writes:
>> But if so I think the name 'max-specpdl-size' should be altered, since >> normally a maximum value needs explicitly change, i.e. there should be
   >>     a particular function to change a maximum value.
   >>
   >>What would you think of specpdl-size-limit as a name for this?
   >
   > Yes it's better, since this name (in my opinion) is not confused.

   They sound exactly the same to me...

They sound exactly the same to me too.  I do not see any reason to
change the current name.

Is "maximum" in English different from similar words in other languages?
Emacs is an "extensible, customizable" editor, leaving most options to
user.  Perhaps because of techniqucal reasons, this value cannot be
kept in poor conditions.  So it doesn't exactly confirm to what user
thinks, in my opinion, this is not the "maximum" value set by user.
So the two names are different to me.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.com/