Load subdirs.el and leim-list.el at dump time

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Load subdirs.el and leim-list.el at dump time
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:34:14 +0300

When Emacs is built, the last lines of loadup.el says this:

     (eval top-level)

This runs the function top-level from startup.el, which among other
things includes this loop:

    (let ((tail load-path) dir)
      (while tail
        (setq dir (car tail))
        (let ((default-directory dir))
          (load (expand-file-name "subdirs.el") t t t))
        (let ((default-directory dir))
          (load (expand-file-name "leim-list.el") t t t))
        (setq tail (cdr tail))))

Question no.1: Do we really want to load subdirs.el at dump time, and
if so, why?

Question no.2: The part that loads leim-list.el does not do anything,
since leim/ is not in load-path during dumping.  Is that right?

Yes, I know that this function runs also at normal startup of the
dumped Emacs, but perhaps it should know when it is called from
loadup.el and behave slightly different then.