Re: autoloads for safe-local-variables (was: allout patch - more safe-lo

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: autoloads for safe-local-variables (was: allout patch - more safe-local-variables, plus autoloads)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:07:31 -0400

    > +;;;###autoload
    > +(put 'allout-show-bodies 'safe-local-variable t)

    In my commits, I've put in the same line...

    ;;;###autoload(put 'page-delimiter 'safe-local-variable t)

The first one executes the code at startup
and again when the file is loaded.

The second one executes the code at startup
and does not execute it when the file is loaded.
(It is in a comment, after all.)

For these properties, I see no reason to execute it
again when the file is loaded, so the second form seems better.