Re: PURESIZE increased (again)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: PURESIZE increased (again)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:20:19 -0400

    However, what if folks are running Emacs on embedded devices? Or PDAs?

They are rather bad platforms for GNU Emacs, as well as unlikely.  I
do not want to put any effort into making GNU Emacs work better on
them--it would distract attention from things that really matter.

There are (or at least were) other Emacses designed for smaller
platforms.  So please let's forget about those platforms here.

    Someday, when I have Linux running on my smartphone, I would like to be

If it can run GNU Emacs, it will surely be a GNU/Linux system, not
just Linux.  So please say "when I have GNU/Linux running on my
smartphone".  Please don't give the credit for our work to someone
else.  See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html.