Re: mem leak

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: mem leak
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:39:36 +0900

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
>>> It prints a warning message, but it tends to get lost among the large
>>> amount of other noise that emacs spits out during compilation.
>>
>> The splash screen shows a warning message when pure space overflowed
>> during the build.  It's hard to miss.
>
> ... unless you have the splash screen disabled (as I do) ... :-/

Is there any reason _not_ to make the build fail in this case?

As I've found an Emacs with an overflowed pure space is not very usable
anyway... so it's something that really should be fixed immediately by
the builder if it happens.

-miles
--
It wasn't the Exxon Valdez captain's driving that caused the Alaskan oil spill.
It was yours.  [Greenpeace advertisement, New York Times, 25 February 1990]