Re: mem leak

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: mem leak
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:44:37 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> Overflow can happen because the .elc file is missing, and the
> not-completely-functional Emacs that results is quite functional enough to
> then byte-compile the file, so it makes bootstrapping easier.

Hmmm, how hard would it be to have it runnable, but not _installable_ in
such a case (for instance, if it retained the executable, but gave it
another name, "emacs-non-pure" or something)?

[I don't know whether it's easy to get the results of the failure in a
form that make can easily use...]

-Miles

--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia