Re: Emacs unconditionally loads tramp.el

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Emacs unconditionally loads tramp.el
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:10:51 +0200

> So how about if move the Tramp completion function to files.el
> in the same way?

That would solve this problem. `tramp-completion-file-name-handler´ is
sufficiently stable (last change on 2002-10-11). Shall I apply this patch?

There's still the remaining issue whether it is _desired_ to load tramp
on ordinary file name completion. Here I could imagine a customization
for that feature. Default ON or OFF depends on convenience for the
_majority_ of users. I would vote for ON, but maybe I'm biased.

Best regards, Michael.