Re: Last steps for pretesting (font-lock-extend-region-function)

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: Last steps for pretesting (font-lock-extend-region-function)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:14:36 +0200

* Alan Mackenzie (2006-04-26) writes:

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>>As far as I can see font-lock cares about that itself in case of
>>keyword fontification if the value of the variable
>>`font-lock-multiline' is t.  There are `(put-text-property
>>... 'font-lock-multiline t)' calls in
>>`font-lock-fontify-achored-keywords' and
>>`font-lock-fontify-keywords-region'.
>
> Yes, but as far as I can see, these function are capable of putting the
> text property only on bytes between BEG and END.  It cannot modify BEG by
> applying the property to bytes before BEG.

Sure, but that was not was I was after anyway.  I just wanted to
mention a way for the f-l-m property to be applied automatically.  As
this only works for keyword fontification and not for syntactic
keyword fontification (which your code is using at some point as
Stefan pointed out) this point is moot now, however.

--
Ralf