Re: Displaying errors during startup

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Displaying errors during startup
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:41:15 -0600

Lennart Borgman wrote:
After the recent discussion about error messages at startup (this time it was about pure-space-overflow) it came to my mind I often tend to miss errors at startup. You can not see them because of the splash screen for example. I just started testing `lwarn' because of this. I did something like this:

   (condition-case err
       (require 'something-bad)
     (error
      (lwarn '(.emacs) :error "%s" (error-message-string err))))

I wasn't aware of lwarn, so I checked it's doc string and found a
really minor error: the first period in the description of the
TYPE argument should either be deleted or replaced by a comma:

,----[ C-h f lwarn RET ]

`----

--
Kevin Rodgers