Re: Tool-bar icons with disabled/selected states not displayed (Carbon p

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Tool-bar icons with disabled/selected states not displayed (Carbon port)
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 11:44:28 +0100

On 2 May 2006, at 01:39, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

Don't they contain `.' in their variable_name part (the part between
"static char *" and "[]" in the second line)?

The file "s1.dis.xpm" contains the following line:

  static char *saveas.dis[] = {

The specification of XPM (http://koala.ilog.fr/lehors/doc/xpm.PS) does
not explicitly state the syntax of the variable_name.  But I think it
is reasonable to assume that it coincides with that of identifiers in
C or C++, because XPM is designed so as to be included in these
languages.  (Chapter 2 starts with "The XPM format presents a C
syntax".)

I could display s1.dis.xpm if the variable_name part is replaced with
`saveas_dis'.

Yes, I see your point. I assume that these files are parsed by X rather than by Emacs?
That would explain why it's working just fine on X.

I've changed my files and all is good now. I don't think this bug is terribly important to fix in Emacs, but I'll take it up with the ImageMagick people, whose code has produced the xpms.

Thanks.