Re: Icon for MacOS

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Icon for MacOS
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 20:56:08 +0900

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
> In the mean time, it would appear that something more in line with the
> current icon design would be more appropriate for MacOS with Emacs 22.

Perhaps the "fountain pen" thing in this macos icon is a macos idiom.
Do the icons for other editors use it on macos (OS-X that is)?

Icons on OS-X _do_ usually look rather different than icons on other
systems -- they're (much) bigger, and they seem to follow various rules
that help them look consistent with others on the same platform.

I think it's perfectly appropriate to use platform-specific icons for
Emacs when they better follow a platform's style better.

-Miles
--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.