Re: commands invoked by the mouse -> commands invoked from the menu bar

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: commands invoked by the mouse -> commands invoked from the menu bar
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 06:27:36 +0300

> Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 18:01:49 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> This entire thread has been about tmm

No, it wasn't, at least not AFAIU.  In my understanding it was about
the feature on MS-Windows, whereby in a graphics session (without -nw)
typing F10 activates the regular menubar.  Typing a letter then drops
down one of the menu-bar's menus whose name begins with that letter
(e.g. "F10 T" drops down the "Tools" menu), and you can use the arrow
keys and RET to traverse the menu hierarchy.

In that scenario, typing "F10 <down> <down> RET" will pop up the file
selection box, as if you clicked <menu-bar> <file> <open-file> with
the mouse, even though you never touched the mouse, while the docs
seems to imply that only mouse gestures cause file selector to be
popped.

Lennart, am I right in this interpretation of the situation you were
talking about when you started this thread?

(I don't know whether similar feature is available with other
toolkits, but I'd imagine it is.)