Re: Recent documents: Emacs and GNOME integration

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Recent documents: Emacs and GNOME integration
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 19:12:44 -0400

    >  1. If possible, rewrite addtorecent.py in Emacs Lisp.
    >  2. Make a customizable option that will turn this feature on.

    That would be sensible, however, we'd need an emacs package for xml
    manipulation.  As far as I can see, xml.el is only a parser (can't
    modify an existing xml tree).

Can you make it associate buffer positions with the parsed tree?
With that, it should be easy enough to do simple edits.

If the structure of the recent files list is simple enough,
maybe it is easy to edit it correctly even without having the
sophistication to parse xml.  Would someone like to take a look
and try to write this?