Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:00:34 +0200

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>> Being able to work the menus without a mouse is important
> It can't be that important, or we would have had users complaining
> before now.

They are giving me .... about it frequently in the TeX related Usenet
groups.  AUCTeX makes such a compelling environment that people put up
with Emacs for that reason.  But they don't particularly enjoy the
breaking-in phase.  "Working menus with keyboard" is one of the more
frequent and somewhat embarrassing complaints.  And the suggestion F10
(which starts tmm-menubar) does not really get the most enthusiastic
response.